Don't mess with the Neiman Marxist

Monday, December 19, 2005

children are beautiful

Something really wonderful happened to me today.
First, a little backstory.
I have a best friend, someone who knows me better then anyone else. We've been friends since we were 5 years old. Her name is Amy. I shouldn't just say we've been friends since we were 5, we've been best friends since then, and we've always made a point of it. We talk on the phone as much as we can, and we've always led very different lives, but the bond. I can't really describe it.

It's like a lifelong commitment, that we both honor and cherish, and it's really beautiful.
So amy. She has this daughter.
Jade.
and well Jade is one of the most amazing people I know, she's the first child I've ever known that I truly love. I mean when I first met her, when she was a few months old, we've had a special bond, and it's very important to me. I take my role as godmother very seriously, and it's truly a pleasure watching her grow up. She's just amazing.
I try to see her as much as possible, I really can only get to Atlanta like 2 or 3 times a year, but I always try to make it for her birthday, Christmas, and sometime around summer. It's very very important to me that she feels that I hold her as a very important and loved person, and that I support her, and am there for her.
She's 4.
So today, I dropped my mom off at work and headed towards stone mountain to see Amy and her husbands new house, and of course to see Jade.

I knocked on the door upon my arrival, and she answered it. All I know is that when she saw it was me, her eyes lit up, and she screamed MELISSA, and gave me the biggest hug, and she didn't want to stop hugging me or sitting in my lap. There was so much love, I wanted to laugh and cry all at once. We sang songs, and tap danced, and ran around, and she showed me all of her new stuff, and her new Strawberry Shortcake room.

There was so much love.

I mean. I don't know.

I think it might be one of the most wonderful moments in my life so far, the love of a child is so sweet and pure and beautiful. You can't help but feel warm all over, and I don't know. I just don't know. This amazing child is the product of my best friend, a truly amazing woman, I just don't know.

I just feel good.

I love children.

I also love my mother, and the grocery store by her house, that had raw deveined shrimp for $5 a pound, which gave us quite an amazing dinner, beautiful fresh, buttery shrimp.

Vacation=bliss.
Yes. Bliss.

_S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home